A serious injury is defined as “a physical injury that creates a substantial risk of death, or that causes serious disfigurement, serious impairment of health, or serious loss or impairment of the function of any bodily organ.”
You probably clicked on this link because you either had a serious injury causing accident, know someone that did, or simply want more information.
Thus, here are some case examples including injuries that we have dissected and learned about to give us the expertise to succeed:
- Brain injury – Several cases involving blunt force trauma to the head, and several matters wherein clients did not receive enough oxygen to their brain due to the negligence of others. Other accidents that left clients in comas with severe aftereffects.
- Birth injuries – Premature birth cases, including one that led to a child being born mentally challenged.
- Back/Neck Injuries – Several cases where clients suffered a severe back and/or neck injury that led to multiple surgeries.
- Knee Injuries – Countless knee injury cases involving clients who tore their ACL or MCL (or both) and required surgery and even total knee replacement.
- Hip injuries – Several hip replacement cases.
- Amputation cases – Situations where clients had their limbs severed.
- Shoulder injuries – Numerous shoulder injury matters where the client required rotator cuff surgery and even shoulder replacement surgery.
- Blindness – Preventable accident that rendered our client blind.
Most certainly, serious injuries due to an accident often have lifelong consequences. It cannot be overstated how important it is for you or the injured party to contact a personal injury attorney. That is stating the obvious in its simplest terms, but nothing could be more accurate. Halpern & Associates exclusively handles serious injury cases. We do not handle wills, business transactions, landlord-tenant law, or any other field, but focus solely on personal injury law. Think about it like this – you would not go to a brain surgeon to check your teeth. Likewise, you would not go to the dentist if you’re having problems with your vision. Our team has specialized in personal injury law since the 1960s, and has over 100 years of combined experience.
Contact our Los Angeles office today for a free evaluation of your injury case.